Eric Zeman / Android Authority
Samsung is foremost the demand when it will come to update commitments on Android, featuring four major OS updates and five decades of stability patches. But we have also seen numerous other makes offering prolonged update pledges in modern occasions.
How a lot of Android Authority readers have a cellphone that’s coated with a extended-expression update commitment, while? Which is a concern we posed before this month, and here’s how you voted.
Is your mobile phone coated by a very long-phrase update pledge?
Around 2,300 votes ended up tallied as of crafting, and it turns out that the bulk of respondents (54.11%) have a cellphone that is lined by a very long-expression update determination. It looks like most of the reader reviews backing this place have a Samsung cellphone. The corporation has made available additional than the conventional two OS updates and 3 yrs of protection patches for a couple of a long time now (at minimum for its flagships, foldables, and mid-rangers).
In the meantime, 33.3% of polled visitors say their cellphone isn’t included by a lengthy-term update pledge. For what it is really worth, a few of readers famous in the responses that they voted “no” despite their phones getting additional than the common 2+3 dedication. This was simply because these end users felt that the a little lengthier pledge didn’t count as “long-expression.”
A lot more examining: Which company updates its telephones the swiftest? (Android 12 edition)
Eventually, just beneath `13% of respondents reported they didn’t know regardless of whether their telephone was supported with a long-term update determination. This is understandable also, as some people today will certainly aim on other elements when earning their cellular phone purchase in the initially place (e.g. model, camera, battery existence).
- simp: Utilizing the Pixel 4a now and am tempted to vote ‘No’ since 3 decades of updates never seriously count as “long-term” update pledge any longer with Samsung pushing the boundaries time and once more in Android land.
- Japes: I believe Take note20 Ultra is 3 OS updates so I guess that qualifies?
- moabman: I checked, “YES.” I have a S22 Extremely. But will I keep it extra than two a long time? Possibly not.
- Unhappy_Linus_Dude: I place no, but technically my S20 will get 3 many years of characteristic updates and 4 stability updates. There was no in-between
- Brun0₂: Just one of the principal rationale I’m sticking with Samsung. I dislike not having chargers in the box, and many firm guidelines. But we really don’t get pixels or onepluses in this article, and 4 12 months updates it is nevertheless unmatched. I can acquire a charger, I cannot buy a new android update.
- stephan cevallos: My Notice 20 Extremely has a 3 yr update plan. That should not count as long term update aid.