Samsung unveiled the Android 13-based mostly OneUI 5.1 update previously this thirty day period, adding a bunch of new options and optimizing the software to a balanced extent. I’ve had a smooth knowledge so far on my Galaxy S23 Extremely, but there are a range of Samsung end users who are having some nagging woes with the most recent computer software update.
Notably, most of the bugs and quirks that we have spotted so considerably on the official Samsung Group forum, Twitter, and Reddit have been constrained to Galaxy S22 sequence phones.
The most widespread dilemma that Galaxy S22 consumers have been raising online is battery drain. Now, element updates generally finish up disrupting the battery optimization algorithms, which leads to greater than regular battery use, even if the machine is idle. Just one UI 5.1 is proving to be just one these update, and so significantly, we haven’t heard of an official answer from Samsung.
If your Samsung cell phone is aggressively sipping up the battery juice and giving you a headache, attempt some of the non permanent options outlined below right up until a corrective patch comes:
- Permit dim manner. When your cellphone is a small much too eager at battery use, each device of electricity for every pixel counts.
- It is also a excellent idea to activate the vehicle-brightness manner. I know, I know. When you have one particular of the brightest OLED screens in your arms, why retain it dim? But from my very own particular expertise, I can confidently convey to you that the automobile-brightness method definitely helps with saving battery juice.
- Change on the electric power-saving mode. Samsung gives a balanced bunch of battery actions adjustment instruments in the Configurations apps. In the Power Conserving controls, you get granular controls in excess of selectively enabling/disabling the constantly-on show method, limiting the CPU usage to 70%, marginally reducing the monitor brightness output by 10%, and controlling app actions.
- By enabling the Restrict applications and Household Screen actions toggle, track record application activity is killed, edge panel action is turned off, and theming routinely defaults to darkish mode.
- Another resource that will work is Adaptive battery, which instantly adjusts resource allocation and battery intake centered on your individual smartphone utilization designs.
In addition to an uncharacteristically high battery drain soon after installing the One UI 5.1 update, some Galaxy S22 customers are reporting difficulties with Material You theming on their cellular phone, which appears to be non-synchronized in specific UI sections. For instance, as you can see in the pictures shared by a person on Reddit, the volume slider isn’t themed in the very same colour tone as the relaxation of the UI components.
One more stressing grievance that we have come throughout is a broken back again gesture system. Commonly, when end users swipe inwards from both edge of the screen, it serves as a again gesture that normally takes them to the former web site in an application. A single Galaxy S21 As well as user has even shared a video clip on Reddit highlighting the trouble.
A noteworthy omission from the update is the topic range instrument in the gallery application, which Samsung has borrowed from Apple. 1 UI 5.1 was supposed to introduce the function to Samsung phones, but that has not arrived nonetheless. The characteristic lets you pick out any object in an graphic, extract it with a distinct edge crop, and paste it elsewhere.
There are a handful of other bugs, this kind of as laggy lens switching in the camera application and standard stutters. Lastly, we’ve also seen end users complaining about Bixby routines producing difficulties. If you haven’t up-to-date your Galaxy S22 to One particular UI 5.1 however, we’d recommend staying away from it until eventually Samsung acknowledges these problems and releases a take care of. However, if you have currently set up it, consider to prevent a computer software variation rollback if you have never completed that.