Update (Jan 6, 1:15 pm ET): Article has been updated to replicate the most recent telephones obtaining the January 2023 update.
What you want to know
- Samsung has begun pushing the January 2023 update to its Galaxy smartphones.
- The Galaxy Observe 10 collection is amid the initially units to acquire the update.
- The Galaxy S22 and Z Flip have also started obtaining the January patch.
- The update addressed some average and superior-degree vulnerabilities.
We have entered a new month and a new yr, which usually means telephones will begin getting the most current regular monthly protection patch and the very first update of 2023. Samsung is commonly rather brief about releasing regular stability updates, and that continues to be real as we dive into the new 12 months with the January 2023 patch.
Generally you’d anticipate the most current flagship products like the Galaxy S22 or Samsung’s foldable telephones to be the initial to receive a new update. Nevertheless, this does not look to be the case this time about, as the first types to get the update are the Galaxy Take note 10 and Be aware 10+, which begun obtaining it on January 2 (through SamMobile) with firmware version N970FXXS8HVL3. The equipment are just about 4 a long time outdated and no lengthier acquire main OS upgrades, but Samsung nevertheless gives software program support with quarterly updates.
That mentioned, the Galaxy S22 collection has started out acquiring the update in the United States as of January 6 (by way of SamMobile), and other areas are probable to observe. For every SamMobile, Galaxy Z Flip and Z Flip 5G are also between the very first foldable telephones to be up-to-date.
As for what’s included in the patch, Samsung’s safety bulletin for January seems reasonably negligible, with no critical vulnerabilities tackled but pretty a several substantial-stage and average kinds relating to Samsung Knox, NFC, the Protected Folder, and WifiSevice.
As of January 6, these are the Galaxy versions that have started acquiring the January 2023 update (newest in bold):
- Samsung Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (S90xU1UES2BVL4/United States)
- Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra (G99xBXXS5DVL3/Europe)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (F700FXXSAIVL3/Italy)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G (F707BXXS7IVL1/Europe)
- Samsung Galaxy Take note 20 (N98xU1UES3GVL1/United States)
- Samsung Galaxy Notice 10/Notice 10+ (N970FXXS8HVL3/Switzerland)
- Samsung Galaxy A73 (A736BXXS2BVL3/Malaysia)
- Samsung Galaxy A10 (A105MUBS8CVL1/South The us)
We hope plenty a lot more types to be current in the course of the month, so look at back to see if your model is acquiring the most recent safety patch. You can also test for updates on your Samsung phone by navigating to Options > Software update > Obtain and set up. Be aware that updates could get started rolling out in a single region but might get for a longer time to access further areas.
The January patch begins arriving as rumors of A person UI 5.1 start out cropping up ahead of Samsung’s subsequent significant smartphone start. We assume new capabilities to get there with this update, but it is unclear when it will arrive.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is just one of the most one of a kind phones on the market many thanks to its folding show and nostalgic clamshell design. It really is also incredibly potent and gets regular updates to remain secure.